Thursday, September 29, 2011

Steel Magnolia’s Joshua Scott Jones Enters Rehab

Steel Magnolia
 
The Associated Press (via cbsnews.com) reports that Steel Magnolia‘s Joshua Scott Jones has entered treatment for alcohol and substance abuse.
“God has been on my heart to announce and make public that I have entered a rehabilitation and treatment facility to address issues related to alcohol and substance abuse,” Jones wrote in the statement to his fans on Steel Magnolia’s website.
“Hundreds of thousands of people in the world struggle with these battles daily,” said Josh, “therefore I am sincerely grateful for all thoughts and prayers at this very poignant juncture in my life and career. I would also like to thank my family, friends, record label and management team for being so supportive and having an active hand in my recovery process.”
The AP adds that Josh’s fiancee and duo partner, Meghan Linsey, announced Sept. 23 that they would cancel a few shows because he was unable to perform, but she didn’t specify why. Last Sunday, Meghan began playing Steel Magnolia’s scheduled tour dates alone.
Steel Magnolia released its self-titled debut album earlier this year and is nominated for the CMA’s Vocal Duo of the Year award. They are scheduled to join Reba McEntire‘s All The Women I Am Tour on Oct. 6 in Moline, Il.

No comments:

Post a Comment