Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Rascal Flatts Reveals Their Best ‘Dad’ Qualities


The men of Rascal Flatts do a good job of balancing their superstar status with daddy duty. Gary LeVox is father to daughters Brittany and Brooklyn with wife Tara; Joe Don Rooney and wife Tiffany Fallon have son Jagger and daughter Raquel; and Jay DeMarcus and wife Allison became first-time parents in December to daughter Madeline. Jay might be new to the world of parenting, but he has already pinpointed his best quality as a father.
“I think my best quality as a dad is that I can be a really great friend to her as well, I think,” Jay said. “While I hope that she loves and respects me as her father, I hope that she sees me as a cool dad that plays music for a living and is somebody she wants to hang out with. And I think I can be that kind of a father to her.”
Joe Don has learned that being a parent isn’t easy. He’s narrowed it down to a few traits that help him be the best dad he can.
“I’m pretty patient,” Joe Don said. “I’m a pretty patient person all around the horn and I have pretty good patience when it comes to these kids. Raising babies is not easy. Anybody that has raised babies can tell you that. That’s just the truth. It’s just not easy. It’s always work. It’s 24/7. But I think that my patience helps. And Tiff’s very patient too. Her patience wears a little more thin quickly than mine does and she’ll attest to that. But I try to just be as patient as I can and as warm as I can as often as I can. And lots of love. It’s all about the love.”

No comments:

Post a Comment