Thursday, September 8, 2011

Taylor Swift Obsession With Cookbooks

Taylor Swift photo by Joseph Anthony Baker, courtesy of Big Machine Records.
Taylor Swift doesn’t have much downtime while her Speak Now World Tour is going strong, but when she does, she can usually be found in her kitchen amongst a sea of pots, pans and cookbooks. In fact, cookbooks are a bit of an obsession for Taylor these days.
“Right now I’m obsessed with cooking, so I’ve been getting all kinds of cookbooks,” Taylor said. “Everybody knows, all of my friends know, that I love to cook, and so I have this entire bookshelf full of cookbooks in my place.”
Watch Taylor Swift’s Sparks Fly Music Video Here
Taylor doesn’t care what the cookbook topic is. If she thinks she can get a new idea or recipe from it, she buys it. She does, however, have a favorite Food Network personality. “I really love reading Barefoot Contessa cookbooks,” she said. “And you know when you go into the stores and there’s [books like] ‘How To Make Great Sandwiches’ and you’re [thinking], ‘who buys those?’ I buy those! I see a book of ‘100 Ways to Make Cupcakes.’ I buy that.”
While most people buy cookbooks for the recipes, Taylor buys them for the ideas. She likes to improvise, experimenting where she thinks it will work. “Basically anything that I can get from a cookbook and then improvise with, I’ll get the basic recipe from a cookbook and get the idea for it and then I’ll just [think], ‘oh, I wonder what would happen if I add this to it?’” she said.
Taylor shared a story of baking one of her favorite recipes, pumpkin spice cookies with cream cheese frosting, with GAC last year for our 12 Days of Country Cookies – watch it HERE. This year, GAC Will have recipes from Martina McBride, Lady Antebellum and more — but you’ll have to wait until November to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment