Monday, June 13, 2011

Blake Shelton Is Serious About The Voice


Blake Shelton is a hit on both the radio and TV these days, as one of the coaches on NBC’s The Voice. As much as he jokes about wanting to win, he also wants to help those he’s chosen as part of his team succeed. Calling the show ‘fun, frightening and gratifying,’ Blake tells The Oklahoman he is taking his role seriously.
“I won’t lie, I mean, I wanted to be on the show just because it sounded like fun,” he told the paper. “But once you turn that chair around and you’re looking into someone’s eyes… and you realize, man, I was that person, that person up there giving that 200 percent, everything they got, they want this more than they want to live. You know, I remember what that feels like. And instantly it goes for me from a game show or entertainment to something real.”
Blake is used to being onstage in front of thousands of people and living his well-tweeted-about country lifestyle. For the show, however, he has had to uproot temporarily to a home in L.A. Thanks to The Voice, he has a new appreciation for what it takes to step into the spotlight of Hollywood as a television personality

No comments:

Post a Comment